Art’s too fun, I don’t want to stop!
My Top Ten Favorite Things About Teaching!
1. Talking and listening to a student while they solve a problem on their own.
2. The amount of time, effort, thought, and heart certain students will dedicate to their work.
3. The kids that can make me laugh AND when I can make the kids laugh.
4. When I figure out how to teach something or solve a classroom problem better than I have in the past.
5. When a student is surprised by how well their work turns out.
6. Watching and guiding kids to experiment and play while they are creating.
7. Getting and organizing new art supplies.
8. Watching kids change from Freshmen to Seniors.
9. Demoing new techniques.
10. When I can help kids or just be with them when they are worried, stressed, or sad.
I think teaching is all about learning and relearning to be patient and to find joy in small triumphs. This quarter, I’m working on enjoying and appreciating the process of teaching more.